My Promotion on Hidden Gems Romance


So today is the day the first promotion I ever bought goes up. If you're reading this, you may have come here via such a thing. I bought a day on Hidden Gems Romance for Dwarves Can't Climb Trees. This is the first promotion I ever bought, and it's my attempt to start actual marketing for things I've written. Apparently sending messages in a bottle reaches a limited audience. Also, I can't keep drinking all this Coke.

But advertising is expensive, so I'm keeping conservative at first, seeing what works and what doesn't. This is the first one because this is not so much advertising as review soliciting (cause man, the free sites suck). More reviews will help the sales, and I'd rather they be sincere anyway.

It sucks having to market one book and write another at the same time (plus totally unrelated day job). One role occupies enough time to eclipse the other. I'd be much more content just to write a manuscript, I could even handle formatting and prepping the Amazon upload, if someone else handled covers, promotion, and marketing. I've spent the last decade training to write, not to commercialize my work (not using "commercialize" in a negative way here). It's just not the skillset I practiced.

Labels: , ,